Swagbucks. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Maybe you’re already using Swagbucks? Maybe you’ve never heard about. Regardless if you’ve been using Swagbucks regularly, have heard of it but haven’t tried it yet, or have never heard of it, this post is for you. I will explain what Swagbucks is, how it works, the ways I use Swagbucks, and what kind of money you can realistically expect to earn from using Swagbucks website and it’s mobile apps.
Swagbucks is a website that has it’s users complete all different types of activities to earn Swagbucks (points) that can be exchanged for a large variety of gift cards, charity donations, sweepstakes, and even PayPal cash. You basically get a “cut” of whatever advertisers or survey sites are paying Swagbucks to have their content on the site. While the earning potential is limitless, let’s be real, you are not going to get rich off using Swagbucks, and it is most likely not going to be enough for you to quit your job. If you really need to make some extra cash and are willing and able to dedicate some time to the site every day, you can easily make $100-200 a month without spending the entire day and night online, with the methods I will talk about below. Obviously, some users make a lot less and some make a lot more, but it all will depend on what you are willing to do and how much time you are able to dedicate.
To earn SwagBucks, you can use the desktop website, the mobile apps, or both.
Let’s talk about the website first. This is a screenshot of my SwagBucks home screen.
Across the top of the screen you will find some basic information:
- Search Bar: when you use SwagBucks to search the web they will randomly give out points that can vary in amount from just a few to 50 or more if you get lucky.
- Swag Code Drop Down: SwagBucks will occasionally offer codes for bonus points. You can find out about codes by installing the Swag Button (more on that later), following them on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, or on the blog. Sometimes there are specials where they give out a bunch of codes throughout the day. I only enter codes if they popup on the Swag Button or I just happen to see one somewhere else. I don’t go looking for them.
- Daily Goal Meter: one of the best ways to earn more money by using Swagbucks is to meet the daily goal. You have two daily goals, but only need to meet the first one to earn a daily bonus. You have to activate this feature one time only. There are also bonuses for 7, 14, 21 and a full months streak of earning your daily goal. You can earn an extra 300 Swagbucks for meeting the goal everyday for an entire month plus the daily bonuses, which can equal 600-1000 bonus Swagbucks. I currently make sure I get the minimum daily goal every single day, if not more.
- Refer and Earn: you will get 10% of everything your referrals earn using SwagBucks, but it does not count towards your daily goal. And yes, my referral link is all over this post, and I would encourage you to share yours as much as you can too, because every little bit helps right?
- Inbox: your inbox contains offers to earn more SwagBucks. I always do the 1-2 Swagbuck offers as they are usually just one click and you’re done type offers.
- Current Total Swagbucks: your current total
- Account Drop Down: find links to see a break down of your daily earnings, pending gift cards, current gift cards, pending shop and earn, Swag Ups (usually earned during challenges and similar to cash back bonuses. When you order a gift card, you get so many points added right back to your account) and more.
Now, on the left side bar is where you are going to find the general earnings categories. This is where you really find out all the ways you can use Swagbucks to earn money!
- Shop: if you do a lot of online shopping, this is where you can earn a ton using Swagbucks. I use this feature, but always compare the cash back offer against Ebate’s and go with whichever one is the best. There is also a Grocery Coupons section that I use. You get 10 Swagbucks for each coupon you redeem. They don’t credit instantly. I usually get a whole bunch crediting at once every couple weeks or so.
- Watch: I will run videos when I am desperate for SwagBucks to meet my daily goal on days when the earning are coming slow. Also, Encrave is a great way to pick up easy extra points. Each group on videos runs continuously so you can do other things while they play. Lately the offers come and go. I’m not sure why. When they are there, I always take advantage.
- Answer: surveys can be found here. I always attempt Gold surveys and Peanut Lab Surveys. They can be frustrating, but when you complete a survey, you earn Swagbucks quicker, making reaching your daily goal easier. I ALWAYS try surveys!
- Discover: this section is definitely worth exploring. There are tons of offers through different providers. Usually the lower the offer, the easier it is to get it. A lot are free, higher point offers usually require purchasing something. I only do free offers.
- Search: the same as the search option on the top of the screen
- Play: there are two games you can play for free, Swag Run and Swagasaurus Jump. You get 2 SwagBucks for every two games you play for a maximum of 10 Swagbucks a day. I always do this.
- Rewards: the link to the Rewards Stores where all the offers you can exchange your SwagBucks for can be found.
- Swagstakes: I don’t use this but you can exchange your SwagBucks for entries into drawings to win bigger prizes.
- Daily Poll: answer the daily poll for 1 Swagbuck. I always do this.
- Daily Crave: like Encrave listed in the Watch section for 1 Swagbuck. I stopped doing this awhile ago because it wasn’t working for me.
- Daily Offers: click “skip” through several offers and enter the captcha at the end to earn 2 Swagbucks. I always do this.
Now, in the middle of the screen you see a ton of offers. These are mostly the same offers you will find throughout the site, but easier to see. I always look for “Laptop Guy.” It’s a photo of a man on his laptop. You chick on him and run through 10 videos for 2 Swagbucks and it often lets you repeat this offer several times. There is also a picture of a female on her computer that is similar. It’s worth 3 points for 13 videos. I usually just do this once, as it has not been crediting multiple times like it used to.
Team Challenges: one of my favorite ways using Swagbucks to earn money is through team challenges. It seems Swagbucks is hosting these challenges more and more. You have to click on the team challenge link (usually found above the left side bar menu), join, and then whatever Swagbucks you earn, earns points for you team. You have to earn so many points (different each challenge) to be eligible for the prize at the end. Every team gets a prize, but it varies depending on how your team places. The reason I love team challenges is because there is a chat thread where members share how and where they are earning points. I always learn of new ways to earn here. This is also how I know my monthly earnings of $100-200 are nothing compared to top earnings on the site. They always show the top 5 team contributors and I don’t even come close!
SwagButton: you can install the SwagButton on your computer to get alerts for SwagCodes, enter codes, do searches, and it will also give you alerts to activate shop and earn if you go to a website where there is an offer. I have it and use it primarily for the code and shop and earn alerts.
SWAGBUCKS MOBILE APPS
The other way I am using SwagBucks everyday is through mobile apps. There is a general mobile app where some of the website features are also found. In the app store you will find it by searching for Swagbucks. I don’t use this app. The other apps are all “watch and earn” apps. They are:
- SwagbucksTV: 5 videos for 2 Swagbucks, up to 10 a day
- moviecli.ps: 15 videos for 2 Swagbucks, up to 10 a day
- sportly.tv: 15 videos for 2 Swagbucks, up to 10 a day
- entertaiNow: 15 videos for 2 Swagbucks, up to 10 a day
- lifestylz.tv: 15 videos for 2 Swagbucks, up to a 10 a day
- indymusic.tv: 15 videos for 2 Swagbucks, up to 10 a day
Here’s a tip. You don’t have to watch the entire video, just a few seconds, then click “next video.” You do have to watch most of the ads, unless a little “x” appears, then you can skip after that. You can also try to let the app run on its own, but they do tend to freeze up, or kick you out all together often if you aren’t paying attention. I have tried running them overnight, but it never works out for me. I keep my phone close by and run them when I don’t need it for anything else.
** The quickest way to earn Swagbucks is….MULTI-TASK ! YOu can do more than one thing at a time…you can’t do more than one Encrave or Watch video list at once, but you can run one Encrave video list and one Watch video list, while taking surveys, playing game, and using your mobile apps! See how this can add up much faster to get you to that daily goal?
Now you can see how using Swagbucks to earn extra money can really add up! If you’re interested definitely sign up and explore the site! If you have any questions, feel free to leave me a message or send me an email. I’ll try to help the best I can!
To see other ways I am making money online see 10 Tried and True Ways to Make Money Online. These are all the methods I use currently, no scams.
- This post contains referral links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.